Jump to navigation
Jump to search
← Older edit
Category:Hackathon 2020 Ideas
Revision as of 15:51, 23 October 2020
1,675 bytes added
15:51, 23 October 2020
+cat: Hackathon Materials, would prefer if it was sentence case though
This is a list of all the ideas created for the Virtual FSWeekend 2020 Hackathon
This is a list of all the ideas created for the
To add an idea simply:
# Create a new page. The easiest way to do this is to type an appropriate title into the Search box, then click the "Create the page... on this wiki" link at the bottom of the search results
# Use [[Hackathon_Proposal:_WS3.0_Effects|this]] example as a template if you wish
# Ensure you include the <code><nowiki>[[Category:Hackathon
Ideas]]</nowiki></code> at the bottom and it will appear magically in the list below.
So what makes a good Hackathon Idea?
* Something out of your comfort zone, that you wouldn't otherwise do. That might mean in terms of scope or technology.
* Perhaps something you don't know how to do at all. There will be lots of experience on-hand to help guide you in the right direction. Doing some work in Nasal for the first time, for example. One exception - you should have some C/C++ experience if you want to hack the core code, otherwise you'll spend the entire weekend learning C++ rather than the internals of FlightGear!
* Something ambitious, but which you think you can make some concrete progress during the weekend. The best hacks aren't necessarily the ones that where everything is complete at the end of the weekend. Rather ones where it's now obvious what to do next and development can continue afterwards.
* Something you could work with in a group. This is an ideal opportunity to bring together different skillsets - e.g. core code, textures, Nasal scripting.
* Finally, something you're interested in and can enthuse others about. You'll want to encourage others to join your team. That's a lot easier with an exciting idea you are passionate about!
Retrieved from "