ZF Navy free balloon
ZF Navy free balloon|
This is a US Navy free balloon as used for initial lighter-than-air training during the 1920s to 1940s. It is fairly representative for a type of aircraft that first flew in 1783 and soon afterwards found a shape and construction that it retained (almost) to this day.
Important controls / keys
- W - Weigh-off to 10% of current weight by dropping ballast. Takes about 10 seconds and only works when on the ground.
- w - Show current on-ground weight. Only works when on the ground.
- D/d - Drop ballast in 1%/0.1% decrements.
- F/f - Open/close the gas valve.
- R - Rip the envelope. Use only close to the ground and when you really really want to stay there.