Talk:Building FlightGear - Devuan
From FlightGear wiki
Revision as of 06:16, 7 October 2017 by Flughund
I didn't try these instructions recently, but they proved very useful when I first built FG, so thanks for this!
- plib being dead upstream, what is the point of building it? I've always used the Debian one for this without any problem (well, actually a fixed local version for joystick deadband management; sid now has the fix at last, but not stretch, unfortunately).
- Current FG from next requires these two packages when building with Qt support: qtdeclarative5-private-dev and qml-module-qtquick2 (since FG commit 3a8d350, committed on 2017-09-26).
- a) yw
- b) TBH I am not certain whether the plib step is required anymore, will look into that for the next update (for which I hope to have some spare time in the upcoming days). Last time I've checked it was required since Melchior's commits never went into a release and hence never reached Debian.
- c) Thanks for reporting the newly required packages, saves myself some research!
- --Flughund (talk) 22:27, 3 October 2017 (EDT)
- My pleasure. :)
- It is true that plib svn has a significant amount of code changes that are not in the orig tarballs used by the Debian packages (at least stretch and sid for sure, probably several older releases too). OTOH, the Debian packages have two security fixes (for CVE-2011-4620 and CVE-2012-4552) and the corresponding patches never got applied in plib's svn repository. :/
- --Rominet (talk) 03:27, 4 October 2017 (EDT)
- The plib repository used by download_and_compile.sh now has the security fixes, on top of the latest PLIB svn commit (I diffed Clément's commit 1b3b3e1d and the official plib 'trunk', the only differences are a 'version' file added at the repo root and the CMakeLists.txt files added by Clément).
- --Rominet (talk) 04:02, 5 October 2017 (EDT)
- Do you think it'd be possible to alter the version to 1.8.6 in that repo, too? As suggested by Melchior in https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg20793.html
- AFAICS this would mean altering file "version" and file "src/util/ul.h" line 157.
- --Flughund (talk) 21:02, 6 October 2017 (EDT)
- Mmmm, I read that mail and discovered things indeed, but I don't know if we can morally do that. :) Since this is not the official plib repo... it's always very delicate when one has to at least technically fork a project that is not maintained anymore. :/ Otherwise, I have that bugfix from 2015 too, related to joystick deadband management. Maybe some #define PLIB_FLIGHTGEAR_VARIANT would be cleaner...
- --Rominet (talk) 05:41, 7 October 2017 (EDT)
- I don't think we run into problems regarding morality: https://sourceforge.net/p/plib/mailman/message/28580157/
- Ah, interesting that bug. Always had the feeling something was wrong with the dead band of my simple joystick. Though not sure whether it's the stick itself or if that was because of this bug. Will try that as soon as I rebuild FG.
- --Flughund (talk) 06:16, 7 October 2017 (EDT)