Developer - User
Clarification:In its current form, the RFC section is exclusively based on and covered by previous mailing list and forum discussions (as well as various wiki entries), as such it is not supposed to reflect work in progress (RFC="Request For Comments" and not WIP), but is rather to be seen as an attempt to provide comprehensive analyses and summaries of key issues identified in various FlightGear related discussions and feature requests (which are to be linked to in the corresponding resource sections, if that didn't yet take place, it's because of most of these RFCs being indeed WIP).
Thus, RFC entries are not meant to imply anyone "working" on any of these issues, in fact only because an RFC entry is listed here doesn't necessarily mean that work on that particular issue is endorsed by the FlightGear community.
- Next Generation Scenery - revamping the FG scenery engine
- Keyboard function priority list - reorganizing FlightGear keybindings
- FlightGear Sessions - discussing possible steps to finally allow aircraft to be reliably switched at runtime
- Formalizing Aircraft Status - discussing suggestions about how to more properly describe aircraft development status
- Simplifying Aircraft Deployment - identifying potential steps to simplify deployment of FlightGear aircraft
- FDM engine feature standardization - discussing possible steps to standardize feature support of mainstream FlightGear FDM engines
- FlightGear Glass Cockpits - discussing required infrastructure changes to enable non-developers to easily access FlightGear-internals in order to enable them to model complex glass cockpit-type aircraft instrumentation systems
- Recommended Property Tree Enhancements - discussing possible property tree enhancements to help ensure integrity of crucial runtime state
- Backwards Compatibility Initiative - discussing possible ways to improve FlightGear's backwards compatibility
- Recommended Project Policies - discussing recommended policies for future contributions to the project
- Distributed Interactive Simulation - discussing possible steps to prepare FlightGear for HLA