FlightGear wiki:Village pump
Welcome to the Village Pump. This page is used to discuss the technical issues, operations and guidelines of the FlightGear wiki.
- Please add new topics to the bottom of this page.
- Old discussion should be moved to a FlightGear wiki:Village pump/Archive YEAR. These discussions can then be moved to a relevant talk page if appropriate.
So far I have only added it to the latest header though.
Happy browsing! :-)
MediaWiki updated to 1.24.1
I've updated MediaWiki to the latest stable release (1.24.1) today. There is a small issue with some of the extensions not displaying icons, so some of them have been disabled for the moment. I hope to have them re-enabled later today. Please report bugs if you find any. For a list of changes, see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.24
- It seems that Nasal syntax highlighting via Geshi is no longer working (I think it was Philosopher who came up with the module...)?
- --Hooray (talk) 15:58, 1 February 2015 (EST)
Support SVG file
Is there some securty issues/software limitations (no plugin's installed) why the wiki don't support uploads of SVG images?
If you find missing images
In case you find missing images have a look at this page: FlightGear wiki:Missing images.
Given the recent interest in doing embedded development related to FlightGear (Arduino/Rasberry PI), I was thinking that we might want to introduce dedicated portals for such use-cases, to keep things neatly organized, but also to provide a place to grow this further - e.g. depending on how this goes, we could have portals covering:
- Embedded/Hardware (including cockpit building)
Equally, we may want to provide sub-forums for these two topics, which should help clean up the offtopic/development forum, too. Currently, the SUPPORT/HARDWARE forum is being used for many of these topics, even though that was originally intended for joysticks/yokes and pedals related stuff - not custom hardware, which would fit better under DEVELOPMENT in my opinon.
As far as I can tell there are roughly 10-15 contributors actively exploring embedded development including UAV stuff - so I guess it would be a good idea for the project (i.e. the forum and the wiki) to provide some structure to "house" such efforts.
Wiki extensions observations
Recently I was looking at the installed extensions, and noticed the below:
- It appears that it doesn't work anymore on this wiki. For instance, the below code …
<sgallery> Glass01.jpg Glass07.jpg Glass11.jpg </sgallery>
- … causes the following error:
- Notice: Undefined variable: args in /home/wiki/wiki/extensions/SmoothGallery/SmoothGallery.php on line 113 Fatal error: Call to undefined method LocalFile::getThumbnail() in /home/wiki/wiki/extensions/SmoothGallery/SmoothGalleryParser.php on line 208
- This could be related to extension's bugs.
- I suggest this extension be removed because
- As far as I know, it's not used on any of the wiki's pages.
- Is it needed?
- Its unstable as of 22 March, 2015, which means it's broken and shouldn't be used (link).
- According to the page revision as of 16 March 2015, there were XSS flaws in version 2.2.4 and earlier of the extension. It should probably be updated to the latest revision.
Boeing 777 Cleanup
Just wrapping up cleaning up Boeing 777 articles that I discussed a full year ago. All now redirect centrally to that page. This makes for a lot less segregated wiki. Looking at it, it would appear that very little happens on the individual pages and the content on them is relatively insignificant. The stuff that is needed I copied over to the main page. Will try to add some pictures as well.
If anybody has any objections, speak up :)