FlightGear Newsletter June 2019
- 1 Development news
- 2 In the hangar
- 3 AI
- 4 Scenery corner
- 5 Community news
- 6 Multiplayer events
- 7 Contributing
We would like to emphasize that the monthly newsletter can not live without the contributions of FlightGear users and developers. Everyone with a wiki account (free to register) is welcome to contribute to the newsletter. If you know about any FlightGear related news or projects such as for example updated scenery or aircraft, please do feel invited to add such news to the newsletter.
In the hangar
- Interior cockpit shadows working
- Fixes (JSBSim) for FG 2019.1 or later.
- Better APC (thanks Josh)
- FDM aero improvements to flaps and low speed handling
- 3D Model optimisations (single mesh for exterior/interior with a texture atlas for each)
- Nasal optimisations
- optimised Canvas displays
- Using emesary M_exec for Nasal mainloop
- JSBSim runtime error fixes
- FCS/AFCS improvements (Joshua Davidson)
- Improved MPCD SIT (map) (Nikolai)
- VSD fixed target aspect display
- FDM mass properties corrections(fuel/payload/stores/pylons positions)
The Belgian scenery development is back on track !
Need to add a fancy and very fat screenshot representing this scenery. (feel free to add somethings very fat !)
The scenery development of Belgium started around 2011 and stalled around 2013. Some parts of this external scenery has been pushed to TerraSync in 2015. But since 2015 nothing has been improved in TerraSync.
The author of the Belgian scenery is a great fan of ULM's, GA and helicopters. No wonder that he focus on little airfields. However, he currently work back on the massive EBBR (Brussels Airport).
Actually, most of the Belgian airports got a technical update, to match the current FlightGear requirements. (mind the elevation data, airport accuracy, optimizing of objects and textures, adding shared models to fill up the airfields...).
Some airfields, so far EBBL and EBSW, got a serious lifting since 2013 and needs testers before these data get pushed to the TerraSync server. Much more will come very soon.
Those who love military stuff would love EBBL. The EBBL military airbase is completely photo realistic textured and require a special attention to testers! This airfield is in FGFS is build like how it is in real life !
We need testers ! Volunteers who test and report issues on: https://github.com/dvanmosselbeen/flightgear-belgian-custom-scenery/issues before the scenery get pushed to the TerraSync server.
The current status:
- EBAL - Aalst Hospital helistrip. (Comming soon - Blender draft model only)
- EBAV - Avernas (100% done)
- EBAW - Antwerp Deurne (60% done - Basic textures)
- EBBE - Bauchevain (40% done - Only placed my generic hangar bunker but that fill up a lot of blanc spaces on this airbase).
- EBBL - Kleine-Brogel (98% done)
- EBBR - Brussels Airport (75% done - Bloatware region - Also look to all these buildings in Brussels and landmark).
- EBBY - Baisy-Thy (100% done)
- EBBZ - Buzet (100% done)
- EBCF - Cerfontaine (100% done)
- EBCI - Brussels South (Charleroi) (40% done - very basic texturing)
- EBFN - Koksijde (25% done - Base blocs only)
- EBFS - Florennes (25% done - Base blocs only)
- EBGB - Grimbergen (100% done)
- EBGG - Geraarsbergen Overboelare (Airport layout only - TaxiDraw)
- EBLE - Sanicole (Airport layout only - TaxiDraw)
- EBLN - Liernu (Airport layout only - TaxiDraw)
- EBOS - Oostende (80% done)
- EBSG - St. Ghislain (100% done)
- EBSL - Zutendaal (Airport layout only - TaxiDraw)
- EBSP - Spa (Airport layout only - TaxiDraw)
- EBSW - Sint-Pieters-Leeuw (Heliport) (100% done)
- EBTY - Tournai Maubray (100% done)
- EBZW - Zwartberg (Airport layout only - TaxiDraw)
For the full list of improved airports with screenshots, see: https://github.com/dvanmosselbeen/flightgear-belgian-custom-scenery/wiki/Airports-list
Follow, download and contribute to it's development on: https://github.com/dvanmosselbeen/flightgear-belgian-custom-scenery/wiki
If any Belgian has contacts with local pilots or airfield employees, or have usable information, feel free to contact David Van Mosselbeen (email@example.com - +32 496 28 38 96).
Keep TerraSync in eye !
FlightGear on Facebook
Since early December 2010, FlightGear has an official Facebook page. If you have a Facebook account please feel free to join the page.
FlightGear on Instagram
In January 2018 the @flightgear_sim Instagram account was brought back to life. If you've got nice screenshots to be featured, feel free to .
FlightGear on FlightSim.com
Flightgear has also a sub-forum on flightsim.com - just like the commercial flightsims. It is an opportunity to showcase what FG can do, get people curious and answer any questions they may have with regard to the software or the project.
|The FlightGear Wiki still needs help for translating it into various languages. If you are interested in making the FlightGear Wiki multilingual, you can start by looking at Help:Translate.|
|Le wiki de FlightGear a toujours besoin d'aide pour être traduit en différentes langues. Si vous êtes intéressé par le rendre multilingue, commencez par lire Help:Traduire.|
|Das FlightGear Wiki benötigt immer noch Hilfe bei der Übersetzung in verschiedene Sprachen. Wenn Du Interesse daran hast, das FlightGear Wiki mehrsprachig zu machen, dann fang mit dem Help:Übersetzen an.|
|De FlightGear Wiki kan nog steed hulp gebruiken bij het vertalen van artikelen. Als je interesse hebt om de wiki meertalig te maken, raden we je aan om een kijkje te nemen bij Help:Vertalen.|
|La wiki de FlightGear todavía necesita ayuda para traducirla a varios lenguajes. Si estás interesado en hacer la FlightGear wiki multilingüe, entonces comienza en Help:Traducir.|
|La wiki de FlightGear encara necessita ajuda per traduir-la a diverses llengües. Si esteu interessat en fer la wiki de FlightGear multilingüe, llavors comenceu a Help:Traduir.|
|A wiki de FlightGear ainda necessita de ajuda para traduzi-la em vários idiomas. Se estás interessado em tornar a wiki de FlightGear multi-lingual, por favor começa em Help:Traduzir.|
|FlightGear 百科仍然需要志愿者将其翻译为各种语言。如果你有兴趣让FlightGear百科支持更多语言, 你可以查看 Help:Translate.|
If you want some graphic elements for your FlightGear-related site (such as a hangar or YouTube channel), please feel free to visit FlightGear logos for a repository of logos. And if you have some art skills, please don't hesitate to contribute with your own design creations.
The FlightGear project always needs screenshots, which show features that were added since the last release. These should be of good quality, especially in content and technical image properties. It is therefore recommended to use the best viable filter settings (anti-aliasing, texture sharpening, etc.). More info at Howto:Make nice screenshots.
Screenshot of the Month
If you want to participate in the screenshot contest , you can submit your candidate to . Be sure to see the first post for participation rules. For purposes of convenience and organization, after all the entries have been submitted, a new forum topic will be started containing all shots in an easy-to-view layout. The voting will then take place there. Once the voting has finished, the best screenshot will be presented in the Newsletter.
Thanks for reading FlightGear Newsletter June 2019!