This is an model of the Eurocopter EC135 P2, a light twin-engine, multi-mission helicopter.
The EC 135 descends from the MBB Bo 108. The Bo 108 was a demonstration prototype for fly-by-wire and has it's descent from the famous Bo 105. When the Eurocopter company was founded, the Bo 108 came with. Eurocopter decided that there was a marketplace for such a helicopter and the development went on. From the French partners it got the fenestron, from MBB the hingeless rotor. The fenestron makes it very hard for dangerous situations in the range of the tail rotor and reduces the noise level about 50% to other helicopters. That's why the EC 135 is a highly recommended helicopter for EMS and the police, especially in Europe but also in the USA, Japan and other states.
EC135 P2 in FGAddon
This model for FlightGear simulates the EC135 P2, an older version which has been replaced later by the EC135 P2+. Since late autumn 2014 the current produced version of the EC135 by Airbus Helicopters is the much more powerful EC135 P3/T3
- new 3d-model more accurate and detailed, single-livery-texture-file
- latest shader (bumpspec-reflection and glasshader)
- realistic startup
- new, much more accurate fdm matching 90% of Pilot Operations Handbook values AEO, OEI and Airspeed
- matching tech reports in flight handling
- more different configurations possible- lowskid, midskid and highskid, different sandfilter, different radomes etc...
- analog dual and single IFR panel available and selectable with photorealistic textures
- influence of configurations on weight and CoG based on Pilot Operations Handbook
- many different liveries by Sanni, D-ECHO and me!
- and of course completely Rembrandt compatible!
- Sounds remastered
- Autostart, more accurate simulation of the systems (hydraulic, ....)
- emergency float simulation
- Sound needs a bit work on the "exhaust sound" and the aural warning system must be done (soundfiles mostly complete)
- making CAD and VEMD and the most important systems working (Canvas)
- different selectable interiors influencing weight HEMS modelled, VIP and Utility(Police)
- Digital Dual and Single IFR Panel
- conversion to EC 635 (needs some changes on exterior and interior model)
- conversion to EC 135 P3 (longer rotorblades, no endplates, smaller tailbumper, new IBF, more powerful engines = more lift, more power! )
- seperate AI model to keep mp-users happy
- and more to come....
- no autosart yet (}-key isn't working)
- no emergency float simulation yet
- German Bundespolizei
- Air Zermatt
- ÖAMTC (without any markings)
- ADAC D-HDEC ( The real one after this model is made)
- ADAC D-HDAC
- DRF D-HYYY (First ever EC135 rescue helicopter in service)
- Polizei Brandenburg
- Polizei Bayern
- Marine Fluggeschwader 5
- DRF (German Flightrescue)- Thanks to DRF for supporting Sanni making this livery!
- French Gendarmerie
- BMI (Federal Ministry for Interior) - Rescue helicopter
- Polisen (Swedish Police)
- Police Hamburg
- Police Innsbruck (Austrian Police)
- Primer Colors (that's how the EC135 looks without any paint)
- SHS (Austrian Rescue Helicopter based in Kufstein, Zell am See, Kaltenbach...)
- Suffolk Police
- White Default
Gallery (Flightgear 2018+)
Gallery (Flightgear 2012-2014)