|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
|This is a draft.|
Available in: English
Please help us translate in other languages!
The FlightGear development team is delighted to announce the v2020.3 LTS release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes.
Enhancements since 2020.1 (the preview release) include improvements to the Nasal libraries, FG1000 glass panel display, generic pushback model for aircraft
Major aircraft updates include the
Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.
FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a multiplayer environment, detailed sky modelling, a flexible and open aircraft modelling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language, and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.
FlightGear - Fly Free!
- Welcome screen
- Ctrl-F shortcut for Fly!
- --disable-gui option
- Improved airport grass textures
- Updated regional material definitions for California.
- New AI models for the 737-400 Freighter
- Updated AI traffic for Turkmenistan Airlines, Volotea, ASL Belgium Cargo, Western Global Cargo, FrenchBee, Pakistsn Intl, Rwandair, Tasman Cargo, QantasLink, Jambojet, Virgin Australia Regional Airlines
- Updated AI liveries for Turkmenistan Airlines, Volotea, ASL Belgium Cargo, Western Global Cargo, FrenchBee, Pakistsn Intl, Rwandair, Tasman Cargo, QantasLink, Jambojet
Replay / Flight Recorder
- Multiplayer recording.
- Configurable load order for core Nasal modules.
- Improvements and bug fixes to Emesary, the messaging interface.
- Improvements to the core libraries.
- FG1000 Glass Panel: user-configurable VFR transponder codes, volume controls, new fascia, UI is now resizeable, support for custom SVG files (e.g. for a G500)
- Users may enable/disable the pilot model from the View Options dialog.
- New Aircraft: HU-16A-Albatross, LS8, Embraer-ERJ-145, Cessna 208B Caravan, PZL 104 wilga 2000 Draco, Scheibe Bergfalke, Taurus, f16, Dornier Do 28 Skyservant, Petliakov Pe 8 (Ant 42/DB 7), Grumman F.11 Tiger
- Major Updates: CRJ700, Dragonfly, Mirage 2000, Jaguar GR1, H4 Hercules, JA37, Supermarine Swift, A320, Cirrus-SR22, Cessna Citation, J3Cub,
- Other Updates: Harrier-GR3, ME-209-V1, SPAD-VII, Ryan-Navion, De Havilland DHC 1 'Chipmunk', A24 Viking, Boeing P26 "Peashooter", Socata-ST10, an24b, PA28, Diamond DA40
- Configurable cursor key panning of the Map dialog
- Better GPS wording to link NAV1 to GPS.
- Updated Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish and Slovak translations.
- Faster Terrasync: Download a tarball of airport information on first start and only check for updates every 24 hours rather than every simulator run.
- GPS fly-by mode
- Sentry.io integration to provide centralized crash reporting.