|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
|This is a draft.|
Available in: English
Please help us translate in other languages!
The FlightGear development team is delighted to announce the v2020.3 LTS release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes.
Enhancements since 2020.1 (the preview release) include improvements to the Nasal libraries, FG1000 glass panel display, generic pushback model for aircraft
Major aircraft updates include the
Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.
FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a multiplayer environment, detailed sky modelling, a flexible and open aircraft modelling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language, and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.
FlightGear - Fly Free!
- Welcome screen
- New AI models for the 737-400 Freighter
- Updated AI traffic for Turkmenistan Airlines, Volotea, ASL Belgium Cargo, Western Global Cargo, FrenchBee, Pakistsn Intl, Rwandair, Tasman Cargo, QantasLink, Jambojet, Virgin Australia Regional Airlines
- Updated AI liveries for Turkmenistan Airlines, Volotea, ASL Belgium Cargo, Western Global Cargo, FrenchBee, Pakistsn Intl, Rwandair, Tasman Cargo, QantasLink, Jambojet
Replay / Flight Recorder
- Various improvements and bug fixes to Emesary, the messaging interface.
- Various improvements to the core libraries
- FG1000 Glass Panel: user-configurable VFR transponder codes, volume controls, new fascia, UI is now resizeable, support for custom SVG files (e.g. for a G500)
- Better pilot model integration. Users may enable/disable the pilot model from the View Options dialog.
- Map dialog may now be panned using the cursor keys
- Better GPS wording to link NAV1 to GPS.