|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
The FlightGear development team is delighted to announce the v2018.2 release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes, including improved support for addons, improvements to the YASim FDM, and user experience improvements to the launcher. Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.
FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a multiplayer environment, detailed sky modelling, a flexible and open aircraft modelling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.
Download FlightGear v2018.2 for free from FlightGear.org.
FlightGear - Fly Free!
Significant Aircraft Updates
- Cessna 550 Citation II - detailed modelling of avionics, improved MP model display, improved flaps modeling
- Cessna Citation X - avionics improvements, improved MP model display
- North American P-51 Mustang
- Piper J3 Cub - improvements to water behaviour
- Saab 37 Viggen - Autopilot, HUD and TI improvements
- FG1000 glass panel display, based on the Garmin G1000