|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
| This changelog is a draft.
This changelog is currently being written for the FlightGear v2018.1 release. Feel free to help! If you are aware of any FlightGear related changes, please add them to the changelog.
The FlightGear development team is delighted to announce the v2018.1 "Honolulu" release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes. Highlights in this release include Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.
FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a multiplayer environment, detailed sky modelling, a flexible and open aircraft modelling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.
Download FlightGear v2018.1 for free from FlightGear.org
FlightGear - Fly Free!
- Improved control for aircraft carriers
- Improved "Classic theme" with better fonts and colours
- Canvas MapStructure support for SlippyMaps, including VFRCharts, STAMEN,
- Various improvements to the Launcher
- Volcanos, including Kilauea, Stromboli, Etna,
- New Hawaii regional texture definitions
Significant Aircraft Updates
- A new glider: Rolladen-Schneider LS4
- Space Shuttle improvements
- Cessna 182S
- Amelia - an animated and hard-working co-pilot for the Alouette
- Citation II
- F-14 - various changes including improved carrier operations
- CH Products Throttle Quadrant supported out-of-the-box. Thanks to CH Products for providing a sample quadrant.
- Improved support for Addons
- Support NMEA traffic alerts (e.g. flarm) to allow FG to feed AI/MP traffic to Nav/moving map clients such as xcsoar, skydemon, skymap
- Improvements to YASIM, including multiple wing sections, support for whole-stabilizer trim, better information from CLI tools
- More realistic carrier landings with improvements to the JSBSim arrestor wire behaviour.