|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
| This changelog is a draft.
This changelog is currently being written for the FlightGear v2017.2 release. Feel free to help! If you are aware of any FlightGear related changes, please add them to the changelog.
- 1 Major enhancements in this release
- 1.1 Core
- 1.2 Aircraft Modeling
- 1.3 JSBSim
- 1.4 Atmospheric Light Scattering
- 1.5 Environment Rendering
- 1.6 Performance
- 1.7 Misc/Uncategorized
- 1.8 Usability
- 1.9 Internationalization
- 1.10 Scenery
- 1.11 Canvas System
- 1.12 Nasal Scripting
- 1.13 Documentation
- 1.14 Highlighted new and improved aircraft
- 1.15 Other
- 1.16 Bug fixes
Major enhancements in this release
Atmospheric Light Scattering
- G-force effect with greyout and tunnel vision
- HUD effect simulating more realistically the appearance of light projected onto glass
- Improved Aurora shader
- A new, modern splash screen together with start-up tips.
- The --launcher's design is reworked.
- Improved aircraft discovery: Search tags and large screenshots in the launcher.
- Enhancements for the integration of osm2city generated sceneries:
- Textures and effects are now part of FGData and therefore do not need to be distributed separately.
- Traffic shader visualising cars on streets based on street type, time of day etc.
- Shader for lit streets
- additional APIs to update text elements more performance-friendly
Highlighted new and improved aircraft
- Space Shuttle milestone 8 with complete 3d cockpit
- Saab Draken
- Mirage 2000
- Saab Viggen
- Ercoupe with completely re-worked 3d model and effects
- Improvements to many AI aircraft
--log-file renamed to
--log-dir (FlightGear commit dab685).
- See our bugtracker for a list, albeit incomplete, of the bugs fixed in this release.