Talk:Default head-up display
Please, this page has to be renamed!
Why? Type hud into the wikis search and have a look at the resulting hit-list - the conclusion is awful.
I suggest HeadUpDisplay_HUD or Head_Up_Display_-_HUD, just as a basis for discussion.
I'am willing to do the job, including the pages linked here. But as I am not the author of this page I first ask for the permission to do that.
Let me know, thx
- We don't need to rename a page to get good search results. We can make redirects. I made a redirect on the HUD page to this page. Now if you search for hud or HUD you will go immediately to this page. You make a redirect by adding:
- to an empty page.
- PS: Please close your messages always with 4 tildes (4x ~). It will give you this:
- Gijs 04:38, 23 August 2008 (EDT)
- Roger, thats much easier than editing all the links. :D
- Anyway, a with care choosen name has some advantages, including keeping things simpler for maintenance by avoiding such 'internal links'.
- Flughund 05:17, 23 August 2008 (EDT)
- You're right, but normally we always use fully name for titles. So if you have an article about ILS we call the article Instrument Landing System and then we make a redirect to that page on the ILS page. It doesn't have disadvantages for maintenance since there's only one page to edit and you will always go there, also if you search for the abbreviation.
- However, we do need some articles to get a new name. Short names that give a good summary of the whole article. Feel free to change titles of pages, but do it with mind. If you rename a page, the old page name will get a redirect to the new page.
- Thanks for your help to the wiki!
- Gijs 06:40, 23 August 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks for your reply, it cleared things in handling names up. If the redirections are a part of the system, there is no disadvantage on them.
- Flughund 07:32, 23 August 2008 (EDT)
Moved to Default head-up display
After having the page (see diff) I realized that the article is nearly only about the default HUD and that it, apart from describing how to switch between HUDs, only very briefly mention other HUDs or how to create a HUD. It also does not at all mention Canvas HUDs.