==Federate Object Model==
A key part of the design is writing the Federation Object Model (FOM), which defines the objects and
updated that are published by the RTI. While it might at first glance seem a good idea to use the FOM to share the internal property tree across multiple federates, this is probably the wrong way to use HLA as the granularity is too low and it's likely to lead to synchonization issues . Instead we'll need to make explicit decisions about the data models to communicate.
The FOM is a set of XML files in [https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fgdata/ci/next/tree/HLA/ fgdata/HLA/]
==Current Status ==
Last updated: (
19/ 02/ 2016)
Currently, there is some very old HLA support in SimGear. This is very out of date and should be ignored.
Stuart has HLA
Support using the latest OpenRTI and SimKit working on a local build, but is waiting for Mathias to officially publish his SimKit before he pushes his changes. So all of the following is local-only, but included here for information.
The Flightgear core currently supports HLA as follows.
* SimKit integration, reading the SimKit FOM and connecting to an OpenRTI RTI.
* Instantiating MP AI objects so users can view objects published over the RTI by other Federates. This is currently somewhat unsatisfactory as it overloads the MP code, where really these objects are more basic.
We currently have the following other Federates:
* fgogel - An AI model written in python the publishes over to the RTI. Part of SimKit, but handy nevertheless!* fgtraffic - to run an AI Scenario externally to the FG Core* fgmetar - written in python that retrieves the closest METAR station for other published Federates and publishes the METAR for them to pick up.
This could be expanded to provide a general Weather Engine .
Separately, Erik has been doing some preparatory work suitable for supporting HLA in JSBSim (http://sourceforge.net/p/ jsbsim/mailman/message/ 34720784/ )
For additional information, please see:
* [[FlightGear HLA support (High Level Architecture)]] (outdated, documenting the original HLA infrastructure code)
* [[FlightGear CIGI Support (Common Image Generator Interface)]].
== External links ==