no edit summary
==FlightGear 2.8.0 ChangeLog==
The FlightGear development team is happy to announce the v2.8.0 release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes
. New features in this release include improved terrain rendering, and an experimental lighting model providing more realistic lighting and shadows.
Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create
* Region-specific terrain textures are used for Europe and Hawaii. Now towns in Europe look different from towns in the USA.
* Cities and towns now look more populated due to random 3D buildings,
completed with lighting at night.
* Scenery looks more realistic due to improved placement of random objects, buildings and trees.
* Airport signs with full apt.dat 850 syntax support. Models are rendered in 3D, with support for double-sided signs.
* Support for menu translations.
* Navigation and route-manager data is now available through a Nasal
'''Highlighted new and improved aircraft'''
* [[Airwave Xtreme 150]]: complete new (JSBSim) flight dynamics, new model, advanced pilot animations.
* Various improvements to our scenery database
have made it easier than ever to add, delete or update objects and 3D models into the FlightGear world.
* A new, experimental renderer
supporting shadows via deferred rendering, named after the famous painter Rembrandt, is included for testing purposes. * An improved simulation of atmospheric light scattering with terrain haze for the classical renderer.
* Easier selection of material files.