no edit summary
infobox Aircraft| image =787.png |name =Boeing 787-8 |type =Airliner |livery =ANA, Air Canada, Continental, LAN, Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines, Dreamliner (Both), Continental Airlines, Aeroflot, United Airlies (Pre-merger), Japan Airlines |fdm =YASim |status = Released, Development |authors =Josh Wilson and [[User:Nickyivyca|Nickyivyca]], Dany93 |fgname =787 |download =http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?waa8morave59fpq}} The Boeing 787-8, the first model of the aircraft to see production.The 787-8 is the base model of the 787 family with a length of 186 feet (57 m) and a wingspan of 197 feet (60 m) and a range of 7,650 to 8,200 nautical miles (14,200 to 15,200 km) depending on seating configuration. The 787-8 seats 210 passengers in a three class configuration. The variant will be the first of the 787 line to enter service in 2010.
The '''Boeing 787 ''Dreamliner''''' is a mid-sized, wide-body, twin engine jet [[:Category:Airliners|airliner]] currently under development by [[:Category:Boeing|Boeing]] Commercial Airplanes. It will carry between 210 and 330 passengers depending on variant and seating configuration. Boeing has stated that it will be more fuel-efficient than earlier Boeing airliners and will also be the first major airliner to use composite materials for most of its construction. Boeing's development of the 787 is also innovative in the collaborative management approach with suppliers.
[[File:787-cockpit-up.jpg|thumb|right|Inside the 3d cockpit of the 787 looking up]]
== Aircraft help ==
This is for the version unfortunately not available on the official Download page , but is available through Git and the version provided in the link above (the link above is newer).
=== Startup ===
# start APU on electrical panel and wait for its work mode (on EICAS will be message "APU running")
. # on APU start on 1 second lights APU FAILURE - this is normal - build-in APU-controller test runs. # on electrical panel switch on APU generator.# on engine panel switch on Autostart button and switch on starters.
# wait for engines idle (on EICAS lights off messages L ENG FAILURE, R ENG FAILURE).
electrical panel switch on L GEN, R GEN, BKP GEN L, BKP GEN R. # on electrical panel switch off APU GEN and turn off APU.
If buttons do not work on startup, click on the HUD with the left button and move the view around. Then return to middle view. If the HUD activates, buttons work. In older versions, you may have to middle click on it to rotate it. Middle click or left click on it to move it back into place.
* Switches some buttons to pick animations. Some also operate with clicking with left mouse button and clicking on the wheel for coarse switch, and scroll wheel on the mouse for fine tuning.
* The main animation properties that don't normally go over MP now are transferred over MP, such as the engines, wing surface positions, and all lights except those for the cockpit (the cabin lights affect the outside, so they were included).
=== Other ===
* Autopilot has been updated to smooth out control surface transitions.
* [http://liveries.flightgear.org/download/paintkits/6.zip Paintkit in separate link.]
download.php? egwtb5l7o78i556 Development version is not guaranteed to work, but will include some more developments than what is listed on this page. Check the forum thread for more details.]
=== To-do ===
* Redo cockpit to a real 787 type cockpit (see image linked to below)
* LIVERIES: Make more liveries for real 787-8 customers. A list of wanted liveries is included.
* Extend fuselage model and make a 787-9, with FDM as well.
* POSSIBLY: 787-3
and 787-10 models.
== External Links ==
* Picture of cockpit. [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/787-flight-deck.jpg]
== See also ==
* [[Table of models]]